Our Founder

Henry Williams - A major in the Royal Engineers, was called to build and maintain supply lines behind the trenches during the First World War. Putting to use the knowledge and skills he had gained whilst serving in the military, he returned to own and operate a number of quarries within North Wales and Shropshire. Eventually, this led to the creation of the surfacing arm of the company which was responsible for the construction of many army camps and airfields throughout the Second World War.

19th Century

19th Century

Our history can be traced as far back as the 19th century when the company operated canal barges - delivering roadstone into the counties of Staffordshire, Shropshire and Cheshire.

20th Century

20th Century

During the twentieth century the family owned and operated quarries in Shropshire, and the present-day counties of Denbighshire and Flintshire.

1958

1958

Incorporated as Henry Williams & Son (Roads) Limited. Moving into the 21st century, the business remains a family-owned limited company employing a workforce of up to 50 employees. Based in North Wales (Wrexham).

2022

2022

Rebrand - Business continues to grow as we refresh our brand and share what we do through our new website.

The Future, Our Priorities

Contact Us

About Us

About Us

About
Us

Henry Williams and Son (Roads) Ltd has been a family-owned business for five generations, with a history in road construction...

Read More
Accreditations & Memberships

Accreditations & Memberships

Henry Williams & Son (Roads) Limited are proud to hold a number of accreditations and are members of some of the industry’s leading organisations...

Read More
Corporate Social Responsibility

Corporate Social Responsibility

Community Benefits All...Henry Williams & Son Ltd has always supported the philosophy that local jobs should be for local people where possible...

Read More

Got A Project You Need Help With?